Thursday, July 26, 2012

Versailles

This morning, I bought bread from a boulangerie down the street and felt very Parisian. Anyways...
Today we went to Versailles, which was about an hour away from the apartment. It was so fun and beautiful. However the line was really long and it was really hot and crowded. Again, there were obnoxious Asian tourists who were shoving people through the museum with their iPads and video cameras to take photos. After the actual palace, we had a picnic in the gardens with our baguette sandwiches and Madeline's. Thanks to Keenan, now I eat my sandwiches with chips in them too. After our picnic, we got lost in the gardens and found this beautiful lake. Then we got back on track, got a fanta, and headed to tiranon, the place where the dames of Versailles lived. Grand tiranon was all pink and girly and pretty! Petit tiranon was more my style and equally beautiful. My favorite part was the part that Marie Antoinette built for herself though. Her house was amazing and it was so cool to walk through it. We also walked to hamlet, the peasant village that she built for herself so she could play peasant an see what that life was like. It was beyond adorable and I'd rather live in those houses than a palace any day.
Sidenote: We also saw someone get attacked by a swan in these gardens that looked like monets gardens. It was pretty funny. Of course all of the Asians swarmed over and stupidly fed the swan then took peace pictures with it. We also saw a black swan, which I didn't think actually existed.
Anyway, everything was so beautiful and again, I can't capture it in a picture. I'm glad people have been there so they know what I'm talking about. The hall of mirrors was probably my favorite part.
Now we're home and well do some bi monuments tonight. Hopefully well see the Eiffel tower at midnight tonight. Without the Asians.

No comments:

Post a Comment