Saturday, July 21, 2012

Durbuy and other stuff

Some stuff I forgot:
When we were in Brussels, there was a guy playing a radiohead song over loud speakers. We weren't at le grand place but somewhere like it and it was just too cool. I felt like a total hipster.
By l'atomium there was a park where we walked around and there were a ton of rabbits! I have never seen so many rabbits in my life! I could see ten all in one spot and those are just the ones that were out in the open. If I made a loud noise they would all move and it was so weird.
Okay now Durbuy. Yesterday I went to the smallest city in the world. Durbuy was absolutely adorable. It's exactly like a tiny european city would look like. It smells like amazing food cause there are so many restaurants in such a little place. It's also located in this beautiful forest area with a river running alongside it. However, it is the smallest city in the world so there wasn't really much to do. And what do all small towns have in common? Mini golf. Yup, we played mini golf. The whole family was super serious about it, it was pretty funny. We went to this cute little restaurant and I had a cappuccino and a croque Monsieur, which was delicious of course. Then we walked around and shopped a little bit in the few shops that are there. Everything was so cute, I just kept taking pictures. That was pretty much it for durbuy.
That night, I went to a birthday party for Fanny. Everyone is so nice here! At first people didn't really talk to me, but when victorine came and started talking to me suddenly everyone was so interested. Again, people were very impressed with my French which is always nice to hear. Sadly though, we had to leave. I finally got to meet Anna's best friend, Sara. We went to the carré and danced and stuff for the rest of the night. For those of you who play just dance, hey ya came on in the bar we were dancing in and all I wanted to do was the just dance routine with Saloni, jessi, Sureel, and Francesca. Don't worry, I got everyone to do the shake it part.
All in all it was a pretty good day. I wish I could stay longer so I could get to know all of Anna's friends better.

No comments:

Post a Comment