Monday, July 23, 2012

Bonjour Paris!

This morning I left Belgium. It was super sad to say bye to Anna again and of course I cried. I was surprised to be in first class on my train though, which was nice.
When I got to Charles de Gaulle, it took a half hour to find Amy, but at least I found her. Then it took an hour to get into the city. Luckily Amy knows the trains weirdly well so we didn't have any problem. Paris is amazing. I love it. The apartment is in a safe neighborhood and it takes about ten minutes to get to the notre dame.
We waited in line at notre dame for only like ten minutes, which was super lucky. The area around notre dame is one of the favorite places in the world. It's absolutely beautiful.
Then we walked around the Latin quarter and went to the pantheon and the jardin Luxembourg. Everything is amazing here and it's so tough cause I can't capture it in a picture.
We ended up eating at a nice restaurant and I had a tartine and fries. It was only one euro because Amy has these awesome coupon things that I can use at any restaurant.
Afterwards we went to Montmartre and visited the sacre coeur. It was one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. It sunset so the city was just lit up but it was still not dark yet. And the church of course was beautiful.
The funniest thing happened when we were there though. I wish I took a video. There were artists everywhere and there was one guy who was throwing a fire baton. Not even a minute into his show, he accidentally flings the flaming baton down on the audience below. Everyone freaked out and glared at him and this one guy threw a beer can. The best part was when the artist just picked up his baton again and continued with the show as if nothing happened and then asked for money afterwards. It was pretty hilarious.
Now we're at the apartment and have a relaxing day planned tomorrow. Paris is amazing and I love it so much. I'm so lucky to be here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment