Saturday, July 21, 2012

The north sea

This morning we went to the north sea. We were running late for our train though, so when we got there, there were no seats left and we had to sit in between the train cars by the bathroom. It was about an hour before we got seats, but then we had four seats to ourselves so we could sleep. Ostend (the city on the north sea) is about two hours away from liege.
Of course it is beautiful and European, like all of the cities I've been to. It's more american though because it's a beach city. Just with shorter swimsuits and people speaking Dutch. We got lucky and it was sunny and about 70 degrees today. Instead of shopping like we planned, we got a sandwich to go and laid out on the beach for a few hours. As we were eating our sandwiches, a seagull swooped in a took a bite of Anna's. It was kinda scary but also pretty hilarious. That's never happened to me before. All the seagulls were pretty scary, but they stopped bugging us when we stopped eating. The north sea was beautiful and surprisingly warm. I definitely would've gone swimming if I had brought a swimsuit.
It sounds like a boring day, but it was so nice to take a break from being a tourist and just relax on the beach and walk along the boardwalk. On our way back we got ice cream from a place called Australian, which is apparently the best. It was pretty darn good, I had a crème rocher flavor, which is apparently like ferrero rocher. Now we're on our way home and we have seats this time!
Tonight there is a party for Sara's parents 30th anniversary. According to Anna, they paid 25 euros per person for food and it's about to be so good. I'm so excited!
I'm also excited to get to Paris and see Amy! I can't believe I'm going to Paris.
Too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment