Thursday, July 26, 2012

The third day

Yesterday amy and I had a relaxing day. We slept in, which was great, had some madelines for breakfast, and were out of the house by noon. We got some caprese paninis, fantas, and pastries all for a total of 3 euros and went to have a picnic in jardin du Luxembourg. It's really warm in Paris so it was very pleasant. The whole being in Paris thing is still a dream for me. Like the fact that we can go have a picnic in this beautiful place is so unrealistic to me.
We decided to revisit the centre Pompidou museum of modern art an it's free after 4:30, so why not? However, we had time to kill beforehand so we shopped around some more. I think we're going to go to all of the h&m stores in Paris. I ended up getting two dresses (one with zebras) and a cool shirt all for 13 euros. Gotta love sale season in Paris.
After shopping we went to Pompidou. The museum is modern and really cool, but I just dont really like contemporary art. I dont want to see something that I could've done myself. However, I do love art from the early 1900s, so that was pretty cool. Plus from the top of the museum you could see all of Paris.
The museum was tiring, so Amy and I went out to eat at a restaurant called chouchou. I had lasagna and a salad and creme brûlée for dessert. All for 5 euros! Amy had something less desirable. We're not really sure what it was but we think it was pig intestine. We prefer to not think about it.
It was early evening at that time and we decided to go on a boat tour. That was pretty cool, but we couldn't see all of the monuments that well. There was a group of Asians in front of us who were super annoying too. They went crazy when they saw the Eiffel tower. They all stood up so no one else took pictures and did little peace signs and took pictures with their iPads.
Other than that, the boat tour was pleasant. After that, we came home and had a relaxing night.
Im starting to miss the united states.

No comments:

Post a Comment