Saturday, July 14, 2012

I knew I forgot something

It was to tell Anna where to pick me up. Seriously? Seriously?! I mean I told her I was taking the tgv into Belgium and to pick me up in Brussels. But it never occurred to me that there is more than one train station in Brussels. What the heck. So after trying to navigate this mess (which is mainly in Dutch, surprisingly), I ended up using someones phone and Facebook messages with Sara to get everything straightened out. Now im sitting in this food court thing with a nutella muffin and a latte. Things could be worse.
However, I feel like a total foreigner now. Up until now, I was super smooth, didn't really mess up my French, and knew where I was going. It all broke down at café muffin.
Me: bonjour. Je voudrais un pain au chocolat et un mokka svp
Lady: c'est seule en matin
Me:-----
Lady: in the morning. You speak English?
Me: oui. I mean, yeah. I'm really sorry it's been a long day.
Lady: it's okay nice effort! I love when people try and speak French. I like the way you pronounce things.
Me: I really can speak French. Just not now. Desolee.
Lady: French or English? You just love both! How bout a muffin?

Things could be worse. On the plus side I get to see my lovely sister in maybe 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment