Thursday, July 19, 2012

BXL

Before Brussels, can I just say that I always eat the best breakfasts here? Check out the pics of the pain au chocolat et croissants. I wish that was normal in America.
Yesterday, we took the train to Brussels (me, Anna, victorine, fanny, and fannys sister-I think her name in Nandine but I still don't know). Fanny goes to school in Brussels and therefore has a cot (essentially an awesome small European apartment) here. It was interesting getting to know Anna's friends. They're all really awesome and nice (and beautiful). At first though I think that they thought I couldn't understand them so they didn't talk to me much.
Anyway, Brussels is beautiful and i want to take a picture of everything. Yesterday we went and saw some museums and we went to grand place and saw a famous statue of a boy peeing (I don't remember what that's called). I tried to capture grand place in a picture but I just can't. I had my first Belgian waffle, which was good and had a lot of fries (cause they're really Belgian fries). We also got these biki burger things, which was kind of shady and weird but I just went with it. Then we hung out in fannys cot and later we went out. We went to the bar that set the record for having the most kinds of beer, which was cool. The ceiling was covered in the tops of beer bottles that said the type of beer it was. We all had a fruity beer (I had mango), which was pretty good. Then we went to a place called moustache, which was kind of for older people but it was funny cause it had a bunch of 50s music playing. We left that and went to a place called celtica, which was playing a little bit more modern music. Understand, everything was very modern and everyone was pretty young. So it was weird to me when everyone was jamming out to songs such as can't touch this, sweet dreams , that one spice girls song, and where is the love. It was funny, where is the love is like my song with Alina so I freaked out when it came on and rappe the whole thing for everyone. At celtica, I met these guys from Sweden who were super awesome and spoke English, some people from Ohio, California, and Chicago. When Anna told me to talk to Ohio guy, I asked him where he went to school. He said Ohio state and I said I was going to u of m next year. He walked away. Hahahahahaha so that was pretty funny.
By the end of the night, fanny and Vic were speaking English with me (Vic was in myrtle beach this past year and fannys just good) so that was really cool.
I think that's all I wanted to blog about. I always tell myself to remember something to put in my blog and I feel like I forget a lot. It's okay, I'll remember it later.
Today, we're going to do more tourist type things.
The picture with a statue in the middle is the view from fannys place.

1 comment:

  1. I miss that breakfast! How was the Manneken Pis dressed when you were there? Is he getting ready for the olympics? Why is there no picture of him here? I love the Grande Place!! Nice that you got to see it. The flower market is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete