Sunday, July 15, 2012

Even the boring stuff if exciting

I really didn't do much today. We kind of just sat around all day and hung out with the family. I cant get over the fact that everyone is so close with their families here. Belgians really have their priorities in order. Anyways, that thought will take a longer blog post.
So tonight we went into liège and saw a movie called un bonheur n'arrive jamais seul (happiness never comes alone). It was so weird watching a movie in French! Luckily I could understand it, except for some slang and hard words. The interesting part was how different the theater was. It was so serious and quiet! No one was allowed to have food and all cell phones had to be off. Apparently people go to the theater to watch movies in peace and there's a different special theater for young people who like talking and texting and not actually paying attention during movies. I thought that was interesting and I kept thinking of Francesca - Franny if you're reading this, do you prefer talking in movies or do you get pissed if there's a conversation going on behind you? I kind of liked the seriousness, I could concentrate on the film better. Now we're making Mac and cheese for dinner (homemade) and planning a trip to Maastricht (in the Netherlands) for tomorrow. It's only 5 euros for a train ticket! What! That's insane.

3 comments:

  1. It depends on the movie! I talked myself during Spider-Man and the first time I saw the Avengers, but I would never talk during Moonrise Kingdom or The Dark Knight Rises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far a train ride to Maastricht?

    My sister & her hubcap took a sabbatical in the Netherlands one year.

    ~Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Liège it's about a half hour.

    ReplyDelete